In the first episode for 2018, the TWiV team reviews the amazing virology stories of 2017.
Become a patron of TWiV!
Links for this episode
- ASV 2018: asv.org, asv2018.umd.edu
- Virology stories of 2017 – in no particular order
- A virologist in space – TWiV 444
- Cool things viruses do: Astrovirus capsids are enterotoxins TWiV 423; giant Klosneuviruses encode lots of stuff for translation TWiV 437; Giant Noumeaviruses quickly make the nucleus temporarily leaky TWiV 440
- TWiV 438 Drs. TWiV go to Washington and the March for Science
- Unexpected stuff: TWiV 451 Expectorate the unexpected; TWiV 470 Just a passing phage; TWiV 456 Be careful of canons; TWiV 455 Pork and genes; TWiV 432 gamete fusion protein from viruses
- TWiV 443 On a leaf no one can hear you scream. The puppet master.
- TWiV 448 Mavis the structure maven
- Viruses are us: TWiV 472 Riddle of the skinks; TWiV 439 The purloined envelope; TWiV 434 Live long and pupate
- Antiviral RNA: TWiV 433 Poops viruses and worms; TWiV 449 The sound of non-silencing; TWiV 450 Ben tenOever and RNA out
- Viruses as tools: TWiV 461 Gotta trace them all
- Flaviviruses: TWiV 473, 471, 468; 458; 454; 451; 432; 430; 429; 426
- NSF survey of earned doctorates
- Letters read on TWiV 475
Weekly Science Picks
Kathy – Voyager recording and book
Rich – David Sheldrick Wildlife Trust (Maktao)
Dickson – Global Croplands Map
Alan – The Great Influenza one day at a time
Vincent – The Doomsday Machine by Daniel Ellsberg
Intro music is by Ronald Jenkees.
Send your virology questions and comments to email@example.com