The Fellowship of the Virus discuss enhancement of dengue disease in humans: the contribution of antibody concentration and increased binding to Fc receptors.
Hosts: Vincent Racaniello, Dickson Despommier, Alan Dove, Rich Condit, and Kathy Spindler
Click arrow to play
Download TWiV 473 (67 MB .mp3, 110 min)
Subscribe (free): iTunes, RSS, email
Become a patron of TWiV!
Links for this episode
- ASV 2018: asv.org, asv2018.umd.edu
- Support Microbe.tv
- NEIDL is approved
- NIH lifts GOF moratorium (Science)
- Blackburn steps down as head of Salk Institute (SD Union Trib)
- ADE of dengue disease in humans (Science)
- Commentary on ADE of dengue disease (Science)
- ADE of dengue disease and antibody binding to Fc (Science)
- Letters read on TWiV 473
Weekly Science Picks
Kathy – Today in Science History
Dickson – 10 Breakthrough Technologies 2017
Rich – SpaceX to orbit a Tesla
Alan – Debt in America
Vincent – The Death of Expertise by Tom Nichols (NYTimes review)
Stephen – A Concise Paper
Johnye – Holiday song parodies (one, two, three)
Tom – SMBC: Are viruses alive?
Intro music is by Ronald Jenkees.
Send your virology questions and comments to firstname.lastname@example.org
Leave a Reply