The TWiVerinos discuss restriction of dengue virus vaccine by Sanofi, and data which suggest that Dengvaxia causes enhanced disease in previously uninfected recipients.
Hosts: Vincent Racaniello, Dickson Despommier, Alan Dove, Rich Condit, and Kathy Spindler
Click arrow to play
Download TWiV 471 (66 MB .mp3, 108 min)
Subscribe (free): iTunes, RSS, email
Become a patron of TWiV!
Links for this episode
- ASV 2018: asv.org, asv2018.umd.edu
- Sanofi update on Dengvaxia
- Trouble for dengue vaccine (Reuters)
- Sanofi restricts dengue vaccine (CIDRAP)
- Dengvaxia enhances disease (Vaccine)
- Interview with Jeff Almond
- Dengue vaccine on TWiV 319, TWiV 370, TWIV 384
- Image credit
- Letters read on TWiV 471
Weekly Science Picks
Kathy – NASA is reinventing the wheel
Dickson – Stunning neuroscience images
Rich – Moneyball by Michael Lewis (film)
Alan – Diverse Sources
Vincent – Zombie gene protects elephants from cancer (Quanta, TWiEVO)
Scott – Why Vaccines Matter by Cynthia Gorney and The Song of the Dodo by David Quammen.
Intro music is by Ronald Jenkees.
Send your virology questions and comments to email@example.com
This is my favorite podcast and the work the host does is greatly appreciated.
The “John Church” dig at someone writing in good faith was dissapointing.