Nischay and Ian join the TWiVions to discuss mass die-offs of tilapia by a novel orthomyxo-like virus, Ian’s editorial on the movie Vaxxed, and new vaccines to prevent dengue virus infections, including a human challenge model.
Links for this episode
- Novel orthomyxo-like virus in Tilapia die-offs (mBio) 3:45
- Fish flu (TWiV 41) 29:15
- Anti-vaccination lunacy won’t stop (WSJ) 30:55
- Single-dose dengue vaccine effective (J Inf Dis) 51:20
- Dengue vaccine needs (J Inf Dis) 53:35
- Composition of TV003 (J Inf Dis) 47:30
- Dengue vaccine mutagenesis (Curr Top Micr Imm) 48:30
- Dengue human challenge model (Sci Transl Med) 54:10
- Yellow fever alarm (STAT) 1:04:45
- Experiment: Zika virus 1:14:25
- UC Berkeley Microbiology Student Symposium 1:16:00
- Image credit
- Letters read on TWiV 384 1:14:25
Timestamps by Jennifer. Thanks!
Weekly Science Picks 1:30:20
Rich – Dune by Frank Herbert
Alan – Adult vaccination video contest
Dickson – Ski town greenhouse
Vincent – Preprint servers: Force awakens or revenge of undead?
Send your virology questions and comments to firstname.lastname@example.org