Hosts: Vincent Racaniello, Alan Dove, Rich Condit, and Kathy Spindler
The sages of TWiV explain how chronic wasting disease of cervids could be caused by spontaneous misfolding of prion protein, and the role of the membrane protein Axl in Zika virus entry into cells.
Click arrow to play
Download TWiV 426 (66 MB .mp3, 110 min)
Subscribe (free): iTunes, RSS, email
Become a patron of TWiV!
Links for this episode
- Register for ASV 2017 4:15
- ASM 2017 election is now open – VOTE HERE 5:35
- ASM Election questions:
- Scientists March on Washington 7:25
- Spontaneous generation of unique cervid strain (mSphere) 11:25
- Zika virus entry into human glial cells via Axl (Cell Rep) 29:05
- Article collections: PNAS, Cell, Nature, Virology 1:09:35
- Letters read on TWiV 426 3:00, 7:25, 56:15
This episode is brought to you by Blue Apron. Blue Apron is the #1 fresh ingredient and recipe delivery service in the country. See what’s on the menu this week and get your first 3 meals free – WITH FREE SHIPPING – by going to blueapron.com/twiv. 0:25, 25:40
Timestamps by Jennifer. Thanks!
Weekly Science Picks 1:26:55
Alan – Deerland by Al Cambronne
Kathy – You can’t unring a bell #1 and #2
Rich – Extra letters added to life’s genetic code (source) and The Doomsday Clock (wiki)
Vincent – Trump Science Advisors, National Parks Won’t Be Silenced
Stefan – The Vital Question by Nick Lane
Kevin – Scientists March on Washington?
Dennis – Fractal Tree of Life
Send your virology questions and comments to email@example.com
Leave a Reply