For the final episode of 2021, TWiV reviews an experimental infectious attenuated Lassa fever vaccine based on a codon-deoptimized glycoprotein gene, and SARS-CoV-2 infection of free-ranging white-tailed deer.
Become a patron of TWiV!
Links for this episode
- Codon-deoptimized Lassa fever vaccine (mBio) 3:52
- Attenuation of dengue virus by codon deoptimization (TWiV 351) 11:52
- Codon deoptimization of poliovirus and RS virus (TWiV 740) 11:54
- Codon deoptimization of DNA viruses (TWiV 362 letters) 11:58
- CEPI on TWiV 612 31:37
- SARS-CoV-2 in white-tailed deer (Nature) 39:59
- Letters read on TWiV 847 1:02:00
- Timestamps by Jolene. Thanks!
Weekly Picks 1:27:39
Dickson – EO Wilson (Ants and The Conversation)
Brianne – The Best Fun Science Stories of 2021
Kathy – Using sound for data analysis; chemotactic bacteria and Moo loo story
Alan – Owls of the Easern Ice, by Jonathan Slaght
Vincent – TWiV 9: Fever! The discovery of Lassa virus and TWiV 548: Mice, shrews, and caterpillars
Intro music is by Ronald Jenkees
Send your virology questions and comments to email@example.com