A TWiV trio reveal the isolation of novel paramyxoviruses from rodents and bats in Arizona, and isolation of naive B cells from seronegative donors that produce germline encoded antibodies which engage the receptor binding domain of SARS-CoV-2, variants of concern, and related sarbecoviruses from bats.
Become a patron of TWiV!
Links for this episode
- Bat and rodent paramyxoviruses from Arizona (J Viral) 2:27
- Naive B cells engage SARS-CoV-2 RBD (Science Immunol) 26:06
- Vincent interviews Philip Sharp (ASM) 1:55:38
- Letters read on TWiV 821 1:56:04
- Timestamps by Jolene. Thanks!
Weekly Picks 1:29:23
Brianne – Apod: The Dolphin Head Nebula
Rich – The Tree That Could Help Stop The Pandemic; Elucidating the Mechanisms of Action of Saponin-Derived Adjuvants
Vincent – Discovery of RNA splicing in Sharp and Roberts laboratories
Intro music is by Ronald Jenkees
Send your virology questions and comments to firstname.lastname@example.org