Daniel Griffin provides a clinical report on COVID-19, then Amy joins us to discuss the 2020 Chemistry Nobel Prize for gene editing using CRISPR/Cas9, continuing circulation of poliovirus in Afghanistan, inborn errors of interferon in patients with severe COVID-19, and listener questions.
Become a patron of TWiV!
Links for this episode
- ASH guidelines on anticoagulants in COVID-19 patients (ASH) 20:17
- Followup of adults with noncritical COVID-19 (Clin Micr Inf) 25:06
- Tocilizumab in COVID-19 ICU patients (Lancet Rheum) 18:18
- Tech position with Dr. Rosenfeld 44:32
- Biological safety officer position at CUMC 47:38
- Support MicrobeTV at Parasites Without Borders 48:45
- 2020 Nobel Prize Chemistry (pdf) 51:21
- Progress towards polio eradication Afghanistan (MMWR) 1:05:58
- Inborn errors of IFN and serious COVID-19 (Science) 14:22, 1:22:54
- Letters read on TWiV 671 33:58, 1:49:39
- Timestamps by Jolene. Thanks!
Weekly Science Picks 2:38:37
Amy – Coronavirus : A book for children by Kate Wilson and Nia Roberts
Alan – Lost Prologue
Rich – RAPS COVID-19 vaccine tracker
Vincent – A Crack in Creation by Doudna and Sternberg and Sternberg on TWiM 184
Intro music is by Ronald Jenkees
Send your virology questions and comments to firstname.lastname@example.org