Sam Sternberg discusses his work on exploring and exploiting CRISPR-Cas immune systems, beginning as a graduate student with Jennifer Doudna, at a biotech start-up, and in his laboratory at Columbia University.
Host: Vincent Racaniello
Guest: Sam Sternberg
Right click to download TWiM#184 (42 MB .mp3, 86 minutes)
Become a Patron of TWiM!
Links for this episode
- Sternberg Laboratory at Columbia
- Mechanism of substrate selection by Cas9 (RNA)
- DNA interrogation by Cas9 (Nature)
- Conformational control of DNA target cleavage by Cas9 (Nature)
- A Crack in Creation by Doudna and Sternberg
- What if we could rewrite the human genome? (YouTube)
- Sam Sternberg
- Transcript of this episode (html or pdf)
Music used on TWiM is composed and performed by Ronald Jenkees and used with permission.
Send your microbiology questions and comments to firstname.lastname@example.org