The TWiM team considers the increasing tolerance of Enterococcus to handwash alcohols, and how the study of DNA in ancient dung reveals the diet and parasite burden of extinct New Zealand birds.
Right click to download TWiM#185 (33 MB .mp3, 68 minutes)
Become a Patron of TWiM!
Links for this episode
- Hand sanitizer alert (Emerg Inf Dis)
- Bacteria becoming hand sanitizer tolerant (NPR)
- Increasing tolerance of Enterococcus to handwash alcohols (Sci Transl Med)
- Coprolites and the Moa (PNAS)
- Image credit
- Transcript of this episode (html or pdf)
Music used on TWiM is composed and performed by Ronald Jenkees and used with permission.
Send your microbiology questions and comments to email@example.com