The TWiVsters review isolation of a naturally occurring DNA virus from fruit flies, and the cell-type specific function of a small transmembrane protein encoded in an open reading frame upstream of the enterovirus polyprotein.
Become a patron of TWiV!
Links for this episode
- Genome-edited babies (Nature) 6:25
- Second CRISPR pregnancy? (MIT Tech Rev) 17:34
- Naturally occurring DNA virus of Drosophila (PLoS Path) 24:47
- Upstream protein coding region in enterovirus genome (Nat Micro) 50:58
- We missed it in 1988! (J Virol) 1:11:36
- Letters read on TWiV 522 20:46, 1:18:39
- Timestamps by Jolene. Thanks!
Weekly Science Picks 1:32:20
Alan – $40 internationally standard cup of tea
Rich – Mars InSight Mission
Dickson – New York Botanical Garden Train Show (his photos here)
Kathy – Comedy wildlife photo awards finalists
Vincent – Senator Gillibrand calls for funding AFM research and our Crowdsourcing of EV-D68 research
Intro music is by Ronald Jenkees.
Send your virology questions and comments to email@example.com