The TWiVumvirate reviews this years crop of Nobel Prizes, and how cells prevent leakage of mitochondrial double-stranded RNA into the cytoplasm, which would otherwise lead to the production of interferon.
Hosts: Vincent Racaniello, Dickson Despommier, Alan Dove, and Kathy Spindler
Click arrow to play
Download TWiV 514 (66 MB .mp3, 108 min)
Subscribe (free): iTunes, Google Podcasts, RSS, email
Become a patron of TWiV!
Links for this episode
- Sea Phages program and application materials 3:17
- Plant biologists penalized by CNRS (The Scientist) 11:21
- 2018 Nobel Prize in Medicine (pdf) 20:33
- 2018 Nobel Prize in Chemistry (pdf) 25:04
- 2018 Nobel Prize in Physics (pdf) 34:22
- 2018 Nobel Peace Prize (Nobel) 35:59
- Mitochondrial dsRNA triggers IFN (Nature) 38:35
- Letters read on TWiV 514 9:10, 1:05:13
- Timestamps by Jolene. Thanks!
Weekly Science Picks 1:29:35
Alan – Compound Interest chemistry graphics
Kathy – Writing letters of recommendation Guidelines Trix & Psenka Schmader et al. Madera et al.
Dickson – Japan Fireworks
Vincent – The Game of T-Cells and Apple Park Lego
Steve – Shomu’s Biology
Intro music is by Ronald Jenkees.
Send your virology questions and comments to email@example.com
Leave a Reply