In COVID-19 clinical update #111, Dr. Griffin discusses vaccine coverage and mortality in Hong Kong, immune response to boosters in kids, hospitalization of kids, breath based diagnostic test, viral co-infections, bivalent mRNA vaccine, intramuscular Evusheld, and global long COVID.
Become a patron of TWiV!
Links for this episode
- Vaccine coverage and mortality, Hong Kong (MMWR) 6:53
- Kids behind on routine vaccinations (Politico) 14:15
- Immune response to booster, 5-11 year olds (Pfizer) 16:00
- Children and vaccination (AAP) 17:20
- Hospitalization of 5-11 year olds (MMWR) 18:00
- Test using breath samples (FDA) 19:24
- Influenza virus, adenovirus, RS virus co-infections (Lancet) 26:00
- Booster crystal ball (TWiV 890) 28:54
- Bivalent vaccine (Res Square) 29:22
- Bivalent vaccine in mice (bioRxiv) 34:41
- Intramuscular Evusheld (NEJM) 37:05
- Global PASC (J Inf Dis) 45:23
- Dr. Griffin’s treatment guide (pdf)
- Letters read on TWiV 892 47:12
- Timestamps by Jolene. Thanks!
Intro music is by Ronald Jenkees
Send your questions for Dr. Griffin to firstname.lastname@example.org