TWiV explains that COVID-19 is not harmless for young adults, FAA approval for Pfizer mRNA vaccine, lack of justification for the claim of reverse transcription of SARS-CoV-2 RNA and integration into the human genome, and lack of evidence for increased transmission by new variants in the UK.
Become a patron of TWiV!
Links for this episode
- BSL-3 laboratory assistant manager position 3:08
- FDA authorizes EUA for Moderna mRNA vaccine (FDA) 29:08
- COVID-19 is not harmless for young adults (NY Times) 4:43
- Excess mortality 25-44 years (JAMA) 5:27
- Vincent’s Twitch Livestream (YouTube)
- Pfizer mRNA vaccine approved by FAA (AOPA) 27:46
- SARS-CoV-2 RNA reverse transcription (bioRxiv) 30:22
- Information on UK variant (GISAID, BMJ) 55:49
- US agency computers compromised (WaPo) 1:02:49
- DoD study on low risk of flying (WaPo) 1:14:19
- When can children be vaccinated? (Guardian) 1:40:16
- Letters read on TWiV 696 1:06:32
- Timestamps by Jolene. Thanks!
Weekly Science Picks 1:55:44
Dickson – 2020 Audubon Photography Winners
Brianne – COVID-19 Changed Science Forever
Alan – Entangled Life by Merlin Sheldrake
Rich – Lie of the Year: Coronavirus downplay and denial; John 18:38
Vincent – How New York City Vaccinated 6 Million People in Less Than a Month (my article from 2009)
Intro music is by Ronald Jenkees
Send your virology questions and comments to email@example.com