TWiV reviews ban on gain-of-function research by the House, chronic wasting disease in Tennessee deer, nOPV2 causing paralysis in children, and an outbreak of feline infectious peritonitis in Cyprus caused by a new recombinant coronavirus.
Become a patron of TWiV!
Links for this episode
- MicrobeTV Discord Server
- MicrobeTV store at Cafepress
- Global Scholar Travel Awards (ASV) 3:56
- Research assistant position in Rosenfeld Lab CBER/FDA (pdf) 5:00
- The New City by Dickson Despommier 5:31
- House approves ban on gain-of-function research (Science) 8:46
- Virology under the microscope (J Virol) 15:52
- CWD detected in another Tennessee county (CIDRAP) 17:05
- Polio eradication: Do no harm (Science) 26:50
- nOPV2 causes polio (MMWR) 30:09
- How is nOPV2 doing? (Polioeradication.org) 31:47
- Feline infectious peritonitis caused by recombinant coronavirus (bioRxiv) 33:52
- New feline coronavirus kills thousands of cats (Science) 35:40
- Feline coronavirus with Gary Whittaker (TWiV 963) 35:23
- Letters read on TWiV 1065 63:30
- Timestamps by Jolene. Thanks!
Weekly Picks 89:23
Dickson – Climate Action and How to find joy in climate action
Brianne – A Virus that Generates Electricity
Kathy – Intolerable Genius: Berkeley’s most controversial Nobel laureate
Rich – Programmed DNA Elimination (PDE): Quanta; Current Biology
Alan – KBDfans mechanical keyboard kits
Vincent – The Covid Vaccine Windfall Turns for Pfizer and Moderna
Meika – Iceland Eruption or not?
Intro music is by Ronald Jenkees
Send your virology questions and comments to firstname.lastname@example.org