Peter Hotez joins TWiV to discuss the COVID-19 pandemic, including why it went out of control in the US, the hijacking of public health practices by anti-science extremist groups, prospects for control, and whether we will be prepared for the next one.
Guest: Peter Hotez
Become a patron of TWiV!
Links for this episode
- Peter Hotez on TWiP 29 and TWiV Special 2:43
- Wednesday, January 20, 2021 (Microbes Inf) 11:38
- SARS-CoV-2 RBD protein vaccine candidate (bioRxiv) 34:50
- Anti-science extremism in America (Microbes Inf) 7:29
- Low cost accessible COVID-19 vaccine (PLoS NTD) 34:50
- Letters read on TWiV 687 1:21:03
- Timestamps by Jolene. Thanks!
Weekly Science Picks 2:06:06
Dickson – The World’s First Energy-Positive Hotel to Open in Norway
Brianne – The Food Lab: Better Home Cooking Through Science
Alan – ACIP’s ethical principles for COVID-19 vaccine allocation
Rich – The Mandolorian
Vincent – T. rex and the Crater of Doom by Walter Alvarez
Intro music is by Ronald Jenkees
Send your virology questions and comments to email@example.com