In COVID-19 clinical update #124, Dr. Griffin discusses the results of a variant vaccine booster trial, the neutralization of variant sub-lineages by Novavax, the CDC’s recommendation of Novavax’s COVID-19 vaccine in adults, Paxlovid in patients who are immunocompromised and hospitalized, and inhaled fluticasone for outpatient treatment.
Become a patron of TWiV!
Links for this episode
- Variant vaccine boosters trial (medRxiv) 10:30
- Novavax triggers neutralization of variant sub-lineages (bioRxiv) 12:58
- CDC recommends Novavax (CDC) 14:04
- Paxlovid in patients who are immunocompromised and hospitalized (The Lancet) 17:21
- Inhaled Fluticasone for outpatient treatment (medRxiv) 21:02
- PAXLOVID patient eligibility screening checklist (FDA)
- Remdesivir fact sheet for providers (Veklury)
- Bebtelovimab fact sheet for providers (FDA)
- Contribute to FIMRC fundraiser at PWB 25:09
- Dr. Griffin’s treatment guide (pdf)
- Letters read on TWiV 921 25:46
- Timestamps by Jolene. Thanks!
Intro music is by Ronald Jenkees
Send your questions for Dr. Griffin to firstname.lastname@example.org