TWiV reviews a Lassa virus mRNA vaccine that confers protection against disease without inducing neutralizing antibodies, and a CRISPR-based method for engineering the genome of RNA viruses.
Become a patron of TWiV!
Links for this episode
- MicrobeTV Discord Server
- MicrobeTV store at Cafepress
- Research assistant position in Rosenfeld Lab CBER/FDA (pdf) 4:20
- Virologist Bob Lamb dies (Northwestern Now) 4:48
- Lassa virus mRNA vaccine (Nat Commun) 6:18
- CRISPR engineering of RNA viruses (Sci Adv) 34:11, 36:06
- Letters read on TWiV 1045 57:53
- Timestamps by Jolene. Thanks!
Weekly Picks 1:25:59
Angela – More than 5,000 new species discovered in Pacific deep-sea mining hotspot (journal article)
Brianne – The story of our universe may be starting to unravel
Rich – Sunlight Changes Unequally All Year Long
Alan – Arm swing asymmetry in overground walking
Vincent – The Farm at the Javits Center
Intro music is by Ronald Jenkees
Send your virology questions and comments to email@example.com