The TWiV team discuss the use of quantum dots to study uncoating of influenza virus in real time, and induction of endothelial dysfunction by flavivirus NS1 proteins in a tissue-specific manner.
Hosts: Vincent Racaniello, Dickson Despommier, Rich Condit, and Brianne Barker
Click arrow to play
Download TWiV 535 (58 MB .mp3, 96 min)
Subscribe (free): iTunes, Google Podcasts, RSS, email
Become a patron of TWiV!
Links for this episode
- European Congress of Virology 2019 2:48
- ASM Clinical Virology Symposium 4:40
- Intel ISEF judges needed 4:53
- Quantum dots to visualize influenza entry (PNAS) 10:34
- Quantum dots (Wikipedia) 11:26
- Flavivirus NS1 triggers endothelial dysfunction (Cell Rep) 36:42
- Image credit
- Letters read on TWiV 535 2:58, 5:39, 1:11:03
- Timestamps by Jolene. Thanks!
Weekly Science Picks 1:19:29
Brianne – Hotel Influenza
Alan – Your town’s climate in 60 years
Dickson – BMC Research in Progress Photo Competition
Rich – NASA’s Opportunity Rover Mission on Mars Ends (landing animation)
Vincent – Watch a single cell become a complex organism in six minutes
Anne – Pathogenesis II Kickstarter
Intro music is by Ronald Jenkees.
Send your virology questions and comments to firstname.lastname@example.org
https://www.microbe.tv/twiv/twiv-535/ Download link points to twiv-534
As of 2018-02-17,
“Download TWiV 534” hyperlink should say and download
“Download TWiV 535”
Meanwhile the down-arrow-into-box icon download button is downloading the right file.
Here is an update there is a political debate on the Measles Vaccine and its being reported in TX.