The TWiVosophers review the Chinese plasma virome revealed by non-invasive prenatal testing, and a new filovirus genome from bats in China.
Hosts: Vincent Racaniello, Rich Condit, Kathy Spindler, and Brianne Barker
Click arrow to play
Download TWiV 533 (68 MB .mp3, 112 min)
Subscribe (free): iTunes, Google Podcasts, RSS, email
Become a patron of TWiV!
Links for this episode
- ASV 2019 2:28
- European Congress of Virology 2019 5:01
- ASM Clinical Virology Symposium 5:23
- Intel ISEF judges needed 5:36
- Jerard Hurwitz age 90 RIP 6:08
- Paul has Measles now in French (virology blog) 9:41
- Chinese plasma virome (Cell) 19:57
- Blood virome of 8000 humans (TWiV 435) 31:15
- Měnglà filovirus from bats in China (Nat Microbiol) 44:30
- How to write a virus name (ICTV) 1:10:32
- Ortervirales (J Virol) 1:10:52
- Virologists oppose new definition of virus species (Arch Virol) 1:13:04
- Ebola sitrep (WHO) 1:16:57
- Letters read on TWiV 533 12:09, 40:45, 1:05:29
- Timestamps by Jolene. Thanks!
Weekly Science Picks 1:33:54
Brianne – Trying Polar Vortex Experiments at Home
Rich – Three Identical Strangers
Kathy – Science wear, especially for Valentine’s Day (discount)
Vincent – State of anti-vaccine movement in US and Top 10 Health Threats for 2019
Amy – If government can’t deliver safe vaccines, is it fit to rule?
Ted – Understanding Economics of Microbial Threats (pdf)
Intro music is by Ronald Jenkees.
Send your virology questions and comments to firstname.lastname@example.org
NB – Please note this communication is NOT meant for broadcast.
Happy to welcome one and all to Cambridge. Our practice is,
West Cambridge Pediatric and Adolescent Medicine, 575 Mount Auburn Street, directly across from Mout Auburn Cemetary.. Office # is, 617-547-2093. My assistant is Rebecca Wright and our Practice Manager is Stacey Bates. My cell is 617-800-4711.
Just let me know when you are next in town. I’d love to show you around.
Look forward to meeting,
Johnye Ballenger, M. D.
Boston is 3 C (276 K), however, I’m sure, many in the streets tonight are feelng a good deal warmer from the after glow of the Pats’ Super Bowl win!