The TWiVome discuss the blood virome of 8,420 humans, and thoroughly geek out on a paper about the number of parental viruses in a plaque.
Become a patron of TWiV!
Links for this episode
- ASM Grant Writing Course 6:30
- Screwworm letters 14:10
- Blood DNA virome of 8,240 humans (PLoS Path) 20:10
- Plaque co-infection frequencies (mBio) 44:10
- Ode to a plaque (TWiV 68) 48:45
- Counting viruses (Virus Watch) 49:10
- First animal virus plaque assay (J Exp Med) 50:35
- Letters read on TWiV 435 9:20, 1:33:20
This episode is brought to you by Blue Apron. Blue Apron is the #1 fresh ingredient and recipe delivery service in the country. See what’s on the menu this week and get your first 3 meals free with your first purchase – WITH FREE SHIPPING – by going to blueapron.com/twiv 00:30, 38:15
Timestamps by Jennifer. Thanks!
Weekly Science Picks 1:39:50
Alan – Couple donates insect collection
Kathy – Why is science important to you?
Rich – Hook
Dickson – Ten Incredible Astronomy Pictures
Vincent – Why Trump’s NIH Cuts Should Worry Us and
The Real Threat to National Security: Deadly Disease
Intro music is by Ronald Jenkees.
Send your virology questions and comments to email@example.com