TWiV discusses the virome of game animals in China, and the finding that binding of sarbecoviruses to ACE2 is an ancestral and evolvable trait.
Hosts: Vincent Racaniello, Dickson Despommier, and Amy Rosenfeld
Click arrow to play
Download TWiV 875 (128 MB .mp3, 107 min)
Subscribe (free): Apple Podcasts, Google Podcasts, RSS, email
Become a patron of TWiV!
Links for this episode
- WHO declaration of COVID-19 pandemic 3:40
- Virome of China game animals (Cell) 13:58
- ACE2 binding is ancestral and evolvable (Nature) 45:19
- Letters read on TWiV 875 1:04:16
- Timestamps by Jolene. Thanks!
Weekly Picks 1:13:59
Dickson – Ship found at the bottom of the sea
Amy – Vaccinating kids has never been easy
Vincent – State data and CDC data on children and COVID-19
Andrew – Books by Randall Munroe
Intro music is by Ronald Jenkees
Send your virology questions and comments to email@example.com
Leave a Reply