Shane Crotty returns to TWiV to review the immunology of COVID-19, including differences between infection and vaccination, increased breadth of antibodies after infection followed by vaccination, the roles of T cells, and whether booster vaccinations are needed.
Guest: Shane Crotty
Become a patron of TWiV!
Links for this episode
- ASV Vaccine Town Halls 2:18
- SARS-CoV-2 immune memory 8 months post-infection (Science) 5:24
- SARS-CoV-2 T cell epitopes (Cell Host Microbe) 37:23
- Letters read on TWiV 802 1:08:04
- Timestamps by Jolene. Thanks!
Weekly Picks 1:28:15
Brianne – How the cat gets its stripes
Kathy – Kurzgesagt on Giruses (giant viruses) and beautiful APOD
Rich – The 1911 Triangle Factory Fire; Triangle: The Fire That Changed America by David Von Drehle
Vincent – Two Top F.D.A. Vaccine Regulators Are Set to Depart During a Crucial Period
Intro music is by Ronald Jenkees
Send your virology questions and comments to email@example.com