TWiV returns to the 2012 brouhaha over transmission experiments with avian H5N1 influenza virus, re-examines the claim of SARS-CoV-2 RNA integration into human DNA, and reviews the engineering and testing of a genetically stable version of the attenuated type 2 Sabin poliovirus vaccine.
Become a patron of TWiV!
Links for this episode
- ASV vaccine town halls 15:10
- First smallpox vaccine day 3:53
- Revised masking and distancing (CDC) 9:17
- Science vs Spin (Sandman) 18:16
- Artifactual SARS-CoV-2 integration (PNAS) 31:13
- SARS-CoV-2 integration is artifactual (J Virol) 32:51
- Engineering new OPV2 (Cell Host Micr) 43:13
- Safety and immunogenicity of nOPV2 (Lancet) 1:01:40
- Poliopolis (Lancet) 1:02:18
- Letters read on TWiV 756 15:28, 1:31:20
- Timestamps by Jolene. Thanks!
Weekly Picks 1:50:53
Dickson – Five Deeps
Amy – Premonition by Michael Lewis
Alan – The Secret Life of Groceries by Benjamin Lorr
Rich – The Way Ferrofluid Floats Above a Superconductor Is Unreal
Vincent – Threading the NEIDL
Intro music is by Ronald Jenkees
Send your virology questions and comments to email@example.com