TWiV revisits Brazil’s rejection of Sputnik vaccine, examines influenza transmission via the air from the nasal epithelium of ferrets, and a history of accidental releases of polioviruses and their relevance for eradication of poliomyelitis.
Become a patron of TWiV!
Links for this episode
- ASV vaccine town halls 3:16
- Sputnik Light 7:10
- Ferret airborne transmission of influenza virus (Nat Comm) 24:07
- Facility releases of poliovirus (Emerg Inf Dis) 1:02:07
- Polio eradication progress (Polio Erad Init) 1:10:12
- Letters read on TWiV 753 6:44, 1:39:25
- Timestamps by Jolene. Thanks!
Weekly Picks 1:25:27
Dickson – Exotic mantis
Brianne – Types of Scientific Paper
Alan – Rusty Lake Games / Cube Escape Collection
Rich – The Departed Could Soon Become Compost in Colorado; Recompose (wiki)
Vincent – Public Health Image Library
Ivan – Apollo 11: As They Shot It
Intro music is by Ronald Jenkees
Send your virology questions and comments to firstname.lastname@example.org