Sociomedical scientist Robert Fullilove joins TWiV to discuss disparities in minority health; FDA announces an EUA on Yale’s SalivaDirect, protection of the upper and respiratory tract of mice after intranasal inoculation with an adenovirus-vectored SARS-CoV-2 spike gene, and listener questions.
Links for this episode
- Health of racial and ethnic minority groups (CDC) 24:39
- COVID-19 death/hospitalization by race/ethnicity (CDC) 19:20
- Racial and ethnic disparities in workplace COVID-19 (CDC) 21:30
- College Behind Bars (PBS)
- SalivaDirect EUA (FDA) 1:10:54
- Adenovirus vectored SARS-CoV-2 experimental vaccine protects mice (Nat Comm) 1:18:27
- Letters read on TWiV 655 1:01:12, 1:17:12, 1:28:52
- Timestamps by Jolene. Thanks!
Intro music is by Ronald Jenkees
Send your virology questions and comments to email@example.com