Daniel Griffin provides a clinical report on COVID-19, followed by a review of the findings that children shed as much SARS-CoV-2 viral RNA from the respiratory tract as older patients, the lineage giving rise to SARS-CoV-2 has been circulating in bats in China for decades, and answers to listener questions.
Guest: Daniel Griffin and Chuck Knirsch
Become a patron of TWiV!
Links for this episode
- Roche trial of Actemra for COVID-19 fails (Reuters) 23:58
- Postdoctoral position at RML 55:11
- Shedding of SARS-CoV-2 at different ages (JAMA Ped) 57:27
- Evolutionary origins of SARS-CoV-2 (Nat Microbio) 1:10:08
- Letters read on TWiV 648 29:07, 1:42:01
- Timestamps by Jolene. Thanks!
Intro music is by Ronald Jenkees
Send your virology questions and comments to firstname.lastname@example.org