In this mid-week TWiV, children under 10 do transmit SARS-CoV-2, why hydroxychloroquine does not work for treating COVID-19, scale-up of diagnostic testing, explanation of LAMP testing, and listener questions.
Become a patron of TWiV!
Links for this episode
- Children do transmit infection (Emerg Inf Dis) 9:06
- NIH RADx initiative (NEJM) 16:25
- Rockefeller Foundation testing plan 23:44
- HCQ observational study (Int J Inf Dis) 27:04
- Can’t kill HCQ (Science Based Medicine) 29:12
- HCQ does not inhibit SARS-CoV-2 in human lung cells (Nature) 32:46
- HCQ does not inhibit SARS-CoV-2 in nonhuman primates (Nature) 31:13
- Shut-down to stop SARS-CoV-2 (WaPo) 34:56
- Racine firefighters doing LAMP (Wired) 38:59
- LAMP (video, webinar, paper 1, paper 2) 40:24
- Letter drafts for $1 testing 22:38
- Letters read on TWiV 647 51:34
- Timestamps by Jolene. Thanks!
Weekly Science Picks 1:51:11
Christiane – ZSK – Ich habe Besseres zu tun (Official Video) Drosten
Jon – The Logic of Doomsday
Intro music is by Ronald Jenkees
Send your virology questions and comments to firstname.lastname@example.org