Daniel Griffin provides a clinical report on COVID-19, followed by a review of the State Department document on the Wuhan BSL-4 laboratory, the report on infection of tigers and lions in the Bronx Zoo, and, answers to listener questions.
Hosts: Vincent Racaniello, Dickson Despommier, Alan Dove, Rich Condit, and Brianne Barker
Guest: Daniel Griffin
Click arrow to play
Download TWiV 645 (98 MB .mp3, 163 min)
Subscribe (free): iTunes, Google Podcasts, RSS, email
Become a patron of TWiV!
Links for this episode
- State Dept. memo on Wuhan BSL-4 lab (pdf) 47:12
- Biosafety levels (Wikipedia) 1:05:42
- Inside a BSL-4 (TWiV) 1:09:07
- From people to panthers (bioRxiv) 1:11:25
- Letters read on TWiV 645 33:17, 45:44, 47:15, 1:29:10
- Timestamps by Jolene. Thanks!
Intro music is by Ronald Jenkees
Send your virology questions and comments to email@example.com
this article from Science mag ties in well with the above
“Masks are cool. The Doctor”
~Dr. Daniel Griffin
Said by a man in a bow tie!!!!
(For anyone who needs explanation: the original was “Bow ties are cool.’ from Dr Who.)
Also, updated briefings from the Society for Bedside Medicine:
We absolutely need a mask with the logo asymmetrically placed too 😉