Daniel Griffin provides a clinical update on COVID-19, then Sabra Klein joins us to discuss the effect of sex, gender, and age on viral infectious disease, including COVID-19.
Links for this episode
- SeXX matters in infectious disease pathogenesis (PLoS Path)
- Sex and gender impact immune responses to vaccines (Physiol)
- Testosterone and disease severity in mice (Cell Immunol) 52:36
- Age-associated effects on impact of sex steroids on vaccine responses (NPJ Vaccines) 1:17:07
- Evolution of greater humoral immunity in females (Curr Opin Physiol)
- Impact of sex and gender on COVID-19 (Biol Sex Diff) 1:40:41
- COVID-19 trials should include sex as variable (J Clin Inves) 1:42:56
- Global Health 50/50 1:30:06
- Timestamps by Jolene. Thanks!
Intro music is by Ronald Jenkees
Send your virology questions and comments to firstname.lastname@example.org