Daniel Griffin provides a clinical update on COVID-19, then we review results showing requirement for the furin site in the SARS-CoV-2 spike for replication, US state vaccine exemptions, concerns with a rapid diagnostic test, and answers to listener questions.
Guest: Daniel Griffin
Become a patron of TWiV!
Links for this episode
- Triple therapy for COVID-19 (Lancet) 33:47
- Virology podcast goes viral (Thalia Gigerenzer) 45:22
- Paul Stays Home (pdf) 48:30
- Multibasic cleavage site essential for SARS-CoV-2 infection (Mol Cell) 51:01
- Mumbai engulfed by CoV (NY Times) 58:13
- All must be vaccinated (Stat) 1:00:23
- FDA concerns with Abbott test (FDA) 1:03:11
- How US lost 6 weeks (BBC) 1:11:26
- Letters read on TWiV 614 26:35, 40:21, 1:12:22
- Kiki’s comments
- Timestamps by Jolene. Thanks!
Intro music is by Ronald Jenkees.
Send your virology questions and comments to firstname.lastname@example.org