Daniel Griffin provides his weekly update on the COVID-19 clinical situation, followed by our discussion of tests of an inactivated vaccine, results of serological surveys, an inhibitor of the cell protease needed for virus entry, and answers to listener questions.
Guest: Daniel Griffin
Become a patron of TWiV!
Links for this episode
- Inactivated SARS-CoV-2 vaccine protects monkeys (bioRxiv) 45:06
- Saliva is more sensitve than nasopharyngeal swab (medRxiv)48:48
- NY serological survey results (NY Times) 57:36
- FDA caveats on serological tests (FDA) 57:53
- Federal guidelines on when to open 1:07:15
- When to open: Roadmap, blog, video explainer 1:07:22
- Blocking TMPRSS2 blocks SARS-CoV-2 infection (Cell) 1:11:18
- Lawmakers want human challenge studies (Science) 1:15:28
- Letters read on TWiV 606
- Image credit
- Timestamps by Jolene. Thanks!
- Kiki’s Comments – Summary of this episode
Intro music is by Ronald Jenkees.
Send your virology questions and comments to firstname.lastname@example.org