Amy joins the TWiV team to review evidence that enterovirus D68 is an etiologic agent of childhood paralysis, and her finding that the ability of the virus to infect cells of the nervous system is not a recently acquired property.
Guest: Amy Rosenfeld
Become a patron of TWiV!
Links for this episode
- EV-D68 antibodies in humans before 2014 outbreak (Emerg Inf Dis) 17:30
- Enterovirus antibodies in CSF of AFM patients (mBio) 22:35
- Serology implicates enteroviruses in AFM (Nat Med) 30:48
- EV-D68 neurotropism is not new (mBio) 49:08
- Letters read on TWiV 572 2:36
- Timestamps by Jolene. Thanks!
Weekly Science Picks 1:39:49
Amy – Enterovirus biology and pathogenesis and Acute Flaccid Myelitis Association
Rich – Tesla
Dickson – Nikon Small World 2019 Photo Competition
Kathy – Term limits in academic leadership #1 and #2
Vincent – Coywolf: New hybrid carnivore
Anonymous – Spill the Beans vaccinated shirts
Intro music is by Ronald Jenkees.
Send your virology questions and comments to email@example.com