The TWiV team reveals the protein corona that surrounds virus particles and influences infectivity and amyloid aggregation, and a proofreading-impaired herpesvirus that produces quasispecies-like populations.
Guest: Kiki Warren
Become a patron of TWiV!
Links for this episode
- Human fetal tissue research restrictions (The Scientist) 10:25
- Viral protein corona (Nat Commun) 14:49
- Proofreading-impaired herpesvirus (Nat Micro) 37:26
- Phage quasispecies (Cell) 38:23
- Letters read on TWiV 566 9:34, 1:16:30
- Timestamps by Jolene. Thanks!
Weekly Science Picks 1:29:39
Sindhu – Sweden Solar System
Anthony – Surprising role of viruses in evolution with Eugene Koonin
Paul – The Obscure Virus Club
Intro music is by Ronald Jenkees.
Send your virology questions and comments to email@example.com