The TWiV hosts discuss the distribution of prions in the eyes of patients with sporadic Creutzfeldt-Jacob disease, and the origins and evolution of RNA viruses.
Hosts: Vincent Racaniello, Alan Dove, Rich Condit, and Kathy Spindler
Click arrow to play
Download TWiV 526 (63 MB .mp3, 104 min)
Subscribe (free): iTunes, Google Podcasts, RSS, email
Become a patron of TWiV!
Links for this episode
- Please take the TWiV listener survey 2:33
- ASV 2019 Satellite Symposia 4:06
- Crowdfunding for EV-D68 research 8:38
- Aaron Klug, 1926-2018 (Nature) 11:44
- Prions in sCJD eyes (mBio) 19:20
- Evolution of RNA viruses (mBio) 33:17
- Walter Gilbert’s The RNA World (Nature) 1:23:03
- Image credit
- Letters read on TWiV 526 10:14, 1:23:27
- Timestamps by Jolene. Thanks!
Weekly Science Picks 1:32:39
Alan – Population mountains to visualize cities
Rich – A Neanderthal Perspective on Human Origins with Svante Pääbo
Kathy – NASA Space Mission posters
Vincent – Package Thief vs Glitter Bomb Trap
Neal – Was a Scientist Jailed?
Intro music is by Ronald Jenkees.
Send your virology questions and comments to email@example.com
Leave a Reply