Brianne and Vincent tackle two studies that utilize infectious viruses to examine zoonotic potential of Bombali virus, a new ebolavirus from an insectivorous species in Sierra Leone, and a human mumps-like virus from an African flying fox in DRC.
Become a patron of TWiV!
Links for this episode
- Pan American Society for Clinical Virology San Diego and Houston Regional Meetings 2:13
- It’s not SARS 2.0 (TWiV 364) 6:45
- Bats out of hell (TWiV 183) 7:19
- Bombali virus, a new Ebolavirus (Nat Micro) 9:15
- Asymptomatic Ebolavirus infections (virology blog) 25:26
- Bat-borne mumps virus (Cell Rep) 27:43
- Image credit
- Letters read on TWiV 517 1:03:46
- Timestamps by Jolene. Thanks!
Weekly Science Picks 1:07:03
Intro music is by Ronald Jenkees.
Send your virology questions and comments to email@example.com