In his weekly clinical update, Dr. Griffin discusses clearance of longstanding, immune-deficiency-associated, vaccine-derived poliovirus infection following remdesivir therapy for chronic SARS-CoV-2 infection, SARS-CoV-2 exposure in New York City rats, clinical characteristics and outcomes of children with SARS-CoV-2 infection during the Delta and Omicron variant-dominant periods in Korea, exhaled breath aerosol shedding of SARS-CoV-2 variants, outpatient treatment of COVID-19 and the development of long COVID over 10 months, Nirmatrelvir and the risk of post-acute sequelae of COVID-19, assessment of the risk of venous thromboembolism in nonhospitalized patients with COVID-19, and the optimal duration of systemic corticosteroids in COVID-19 treatment.
Click arrow to play Download TWiV 992 (19 MB .mp3, 32 min)
Become a patron of TWiV!
Links for this episode
- Clearance of vaccine-derived poliovirus following remdesivir therapy for SARS-CoV-2 infection (Frontiers) 1:06
- SARS-CoV-2 exposure in Norway rats from New York City (mBio) 3:28
- Clinical characteristics and outcomes of children with SARS-CoV-2 Infection in Korea (JKMS) 6:54
- Exhaled breath aerosol shedding of SARS-CoV-2 variants (CID) 8:37
- Outpatient treatment of COVID-19 and the development of Long COVID (The Lancet) 12:28
- Nirmatrelvir and the risk of post-acute sequelae of COVID-19 (medRxiv) 16:05
- Risk of venous thromboembolism in nonhospitalized patients with COVID-19 (JAMA) 18:14
- Optimal duration of systemic corticosteroids in COVID-19 treatment (OFID) 21:47
- Contribute to our ASTMH fundraiser at PWB 21:43
- Dr. Griffin’s treatment guide (pdf)
- Letters read on TWiV 992 24:40
- Don’t crush Paxlovid (pdf)
- Timestamps by Jolene. Thanks!
Intro music is by Ronald Jenkees
Send your questions for Dr. Griffin to email@example.com