In his weekly clinical update Dr. Griffin discusses poliovirus returns to New York wastewater, COVID-19 is more widespread in animals than we thought, increasing ventilation reduces SARS-CoV-2 airborne transmission in schools, the use of carbon dioxide monitoring to assess ventilation at a national infectious diseases conference, effectiveness of the bivalent mRNA vaccine in preventing severe COVID-19 outcomes, 7-month duration of SARS-CoV-2 mucosal immunoglobulin-A responses and protection, and long COVID outcomes at one year after mild SARS-CoV-2 infection.
Become a patron of TWiV!
Links for this episode
- COVID-19 more widespread in animals than thought (Nat Geo) 12:34
- Increasing ventilation reduces airborne transmission in schools (Frontiers) 14:31
- Carbon dioxide monitoring to assess ventilation at a NID conference (CID) 15:58
- Paxlovid patient eligbiliity screening checklist (FDA)
- Effectiveness of bivalent mRNA vaccine in preventing severe COVID-19 (Lancet) 18:39
- Duration of SARS-CoV-2 mucosal immunoglobulin-A responses and protection (Lancet) 23:49
- Long COVID outcomes at one year after mild SARS-CoV-2 infection (BMJ) 29:29
- Contribute to our MicrobeTV fundraiser at PWB 35:28
- Dr. Griffin’s treatment guide (pdf)
- Letters read on TWiV 974 36:31
- Timestamps by Jolene. Thanks!
Intro music is by Ronald Jenkees
Send your questions for Dr. Griffin to firstname.lastname@example.org