In his weekly clinical update Dr. Griffin discusses progress toward poliomyelitis eradication in Afghanistan, reduced risk for Mpox after receipt of 1 or 2 doses of JYNNEOS vaccine compared with risk among unvaccinated persons, reduced airborne transmission of SARS-CoV-2 BA.1 Omicron virus in Syrian hamsters, authorized updated (Bivalent) COVID-19 vaccines for children down to 6 months of age, low neutralization of SARS-CoV-2 Omicron BA.2.75.2, BQ.1.1, and XBB.1 by parental mRNA vaccine or a BA.5-bivalent booster, efficacy of antiviral agents against omicron subvariants BQ.1.1 and XBB, incidence of viral rebound after treatment with Nirmatrelvir-Ritonavir and Molnupiravir, and the effectiveness of coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) vaccine in the prevention of post–COVID-19 conditions.
Become a patron of TWiV!
Links for this episode
- Progress toward Poliomyelitis eradication in Afghanistan (CDC) 1:42
- Reduced risk for Mpox after receipt of 1 or 2 Doses of JYNNEOS vaccine (CDC) 10:30
- Reduced airborne transmission of BA.1 Omicron virus in Syrian hamsters (PLOS) 19:22
- Authorized bivalent vaccines for children down to 6 months of age (FDA) 22:40
- Low neutralization of BA.2.75.2, BQ.1.1, and XBB.1 by parental mRNA vaccine (Nature) 23:49
- Efficacy of antiviral agents against Omicron subvariants BQ.1.1 and XBB (NEJM) 28:02
- Viral rebound after treatment with Nirmatrelvir-Ritonavir and Molnupiravir (JAMA) 29:37
- Paxlovid patient eligbiliity screening checklist (FDA)
- Effectiveness of COVID-19 vaccines in prevention of post–infection conditions (ASHE) 31:31
- Contribute to our MicrobeTV fundraiser at PWB 34:27
- Dr. Griffin’s treatment guide (pdf)
- Letters read on TWiV 964 34:56
- Timestamps by Jolene. Thanks!
Intro music is by Ronald Jenkees
Send your questions for Dr. Griffin to email@example.com