Michael Letko joins TWiV to discuss his research on understanding cell receptors required for sarbecovirus entry, including an ACE2-dependent isolate from Russian bats that is resistant to vaccine-induced antibodies.
Guest: Michael Letko
Become a patron of TWiV!
Links for this episode
- Support MicrobeTV with a Spike t-shirt (Vaccinated.us) with promo code MicrobeTV 4:55
- Cell entry of SARS-CoV-2 and other sarbecoviruses (Nat Micro) 17:32
- ACE2-dependent sarbecovirus in Russian bats (PLoS Path) 21:37
- Letters read on TWiV 954 1:14:04
- Timestamps by Jolene. Thanks!
Weekly Picks 1:31:26
Brianne – Sometimes This Octopus is So Mad it Just Wants to Throw Something or The Cosmic Bat Nebula
Kathy – APODs Jupiter, Lunar Eclipse Blood Moon, Ice Giant
Rich – Mirror-image T7 transcription of chirally inverted ribosomal and functional RNAs (Wiki: Mirror Life)
Vincent – The 2022-2023 Respiratory Virus Season Hits Early and Hard: Part 1
Intro music is by Ronald Jenkees
Send your virology questions and comments to email@example.com