Infectious Disease physician Jake Scott joins TWiV to provide a west coast clinical perspective on the evolution of the COVID-19 pandemic with respect to the impact of vaccines, antivirals, variants of concern and mortality.
Guest: Jake Scott
Become a patron of TWiV!
Links for this episode
- Support MicrobeTV with a Spike t-shirt (Vaccinated.us) with promo code MicrobeTV
- Omicron variant reproduction ex vivo (Nature) 16:21
- Clinical outcomes with Omicron (Nat Med) 23:02
- Low neutralizing antibodies induced by bivalent booster (NEJM) 30:38
- Antibody responses to bivalent booster (bioRxiV)
- Spike T cell responses not enhanced by bivalent booster (Sci Immunol)
- Pandemic end will not be televised (BMJ) 28:06
- Conflation of infection and disease (Twitter) 53:16
- Letters read on TWiV 952 1:09:24
- Timestamps by Jolene. Thanks!
Weekly Picks 1:30:22
Kathy – 10 moments for Jazz at Lincoln Center Orchestra Residency (Item 7) and Alan’s pick from TWiV 931 The Kissing Bug by Daisy Hernandez
Rich – Wilderness Safaris Photographic Competition 2022
Alan – Massachusetts Science Education Leadership Association, and the talk I gave to them last week
Vincent – Andrea Camillieri and his protagonist Inspector Montalbano
Intro music is by Ronald Jenkees
Send your virology questions and comments to firstname.lastname@example.org