TWiV reviews the genetic characterization of a new strain of type 2 oral polio vaccine and its implications for eradication, and how a polymorphism in humans comprising a single amino acid change in an antibody molecule regulates vaccine elicitation of broadly neutralizing antibodies against influenza virus HA.
Become a patron of TWiV!
Links for this episode
- Characterization of novel OPV2 from humans (MMWR) 2:24
- Engineering nOPV2 (TWiV 756) 3:19
- Genome sequence of Rockland County NY OPV2 isolate (Genbank)
- Allelic polymorphism and vaccine induction of influenza virus bnAbs (Immunity) 37:05
- Letters read on TWiV 931 1:20:56
- Timestamps by Jolene. Thanks!
Weekly Picks 1:38:41
Dickson – Small groups: 1. Miles Davis Quintet. Signature album: Kind Of Blue. Signature song: So What.
Brianne – World Excel Championships
Kathy – Lyre bird background and video
Alan – The Kissing Bug, by Daisy Hernandez
Vincent – Five top detective fiction writers. #1 Martin Beck by Maj Sjöwall and Per Wahlöö
John – Fevers, Feuds and Diamonds: Ebola and the Ravages of History by Paul Farmer
Carol – The Social Dilemma
Intro music is by Ronald Jenkees
Send your virology questions and comments to firstname.lastname@example.org