In his weekly clinical update Dr. Griffin discusses the prediction of upcoming global infection burden of influenza seasons after relaxation of public health and social measures during the COVID-19 pandemic, severe COVID-19 outcomes after full vaccination of primary schedule and initial boosters, and how successful immunomodulators for treatment of COVID-19 have opened the pathway for comparative trials.
Become a patron of TWiV!
Links for this episode
- Support MicrobeTV with a Spike t-shirt at Vaccinated.US 00:59
- Prediction of upcoming global infection burden of Influenza (The LANCET) 2:26
- Severe COVID-19 outcomes after full vaccination (The LANCET) 13:46
- Successful immunomodulators for treatment of COVID-19 (CMI) 24:39
- Remdesivir fact sheet for providers (Veklury)
- Bebtelovimab fact sheet for providers (FDA)
- PAXLOVID patient eligibility screening checklist (FDA)
- Dr. Griffin’s treatment guide (pdf)
- Contribute to Floating Doctors fundraiser at PWB 25:50
- Letters read on TWiV 947 27:14
- Timestamps by Jolene. Thanks!
Intro music is by Ronald Jenkees
Send your questions for Dr. Griffin to firstname.lastname@example.org