In his weekly clinical update Dr. Griffin discusses antibody response against nonpoliovirus enteroviruses, clinical presentation and virological assessment of confirmed human monkeypox virus cases in Spain, object and surface contamination with monkeypox virus, monkeypox virus infection in humans across 16 countries, clinical characteristics of ambulatory and hospitalized patients with monkeypox virus infection, compassionate use of Tecovirimat for the treatment of monkeypox infection, monitoring of Pfizer-BioNTech vaccine among children, Pfizer and BioNTech announce updated vaccine data supporting efficacy in children, direct capture of neutralized RBD enables rapid point-of-care assessment of SARS-CoV-2 neutralizing antibody titer, Pfizer and BioNTech submit application for bivalent vaccine, and Oral Nirmatrelvir and Ritonavir in non-hospitalized vaccinated patients with COVID-19.
Become a patron of TWiV!
Links for this episode
- Antibody response against nonpoliovirus enteroviruses (ASM) 6:45
- Clinical presentation of Monkeypox cases in Spain (The Lancet) 9:49
- Object and surface contamination with Monkeypox virus infection (CDC) 12:18
- Environmental persistence of Monkeypox virus (Emerg Inf Dis) 14:24
- Monkeypox virus infection across 16 countries (NEJM) 17:42
- Clinical characteristics of hospitalization patients with Monkeypox (CMI) 21:36
- Usage of Tecovirimat for treatment of Monkeypox infection (JAMA) 22:47
- PAXLOVID patient eligibility screening checklist (FDA)
- Remdesivir fact sheet for providers (Veklury)
- Bebtelovimab fact sheet for providers (FDA)
- Monitoring of Pfizer-BioNTech vaccine among children (CDC) 26:41
- Pfizer and BioNTech announce updated vaccine data (Pfizer) 27:27
- Capture of RBD enables point of care assessment (Science Direct) 28:18
- Pfizer and BioNTech submit application for bivalent vaccine (Pfizer) 30:57
- PAXLOVID in non-hospitalized vaccinated patients 3515
- Contribute to Floating Doctors fundraiser at PWB 3915
- Dr. Griffin’s treatment guide (pdf)
- Letters read on TWiV 930 39:38
- Timestamps by Jolene. Thanks!
Intro music is by Ronald Jenkees
Send your questions for Dr. Griffin to firstname.lastname@example.org