TWiV explains why the concept of herd immunity might not apply to COVID-19, and the observation that smallpox vaccination causes an increase in skin bacteria that promote pathology and influence the immune response.
Become a patron of TWiV!
Links for this episode
- Herd immunity may not apply to COVID-19 (J Inf Dis) 2:58
- Smallpox vaccination increases skin bacteria (PLoS Path) 27:29
- The invinceable TWiV (TWiV 145) 36:29
- By the pricking of my thumbs… (TWiV 284) 36:43
- Letters read on TWiV 898 1:10:06
- Timestamps by Jolene. Thanks!
Weekly Picks 1:27:50
Intro music is by Ronald Jenkees
Send your virology questions and comments to firstname.lastname@example.org