In COVID-19 clinical update #107, Daniel Griffin discusses Moderna vaccine results in children, hospitalization by ethnicity, BA.2 severity in children, placentitis and thrombohematoma during pregnancy, predictive value of symptoms for diagnosis, Evusheld activity against BA.1 and BA.2, Remdesivir resistance, Ivermectin with and without strongyloidiasis, inhaled ciclesonide, home telemonitoring, pulse oximetry for remote monitoring, effectiveness of anti-platelet therapy, and deaths in Zambia.
Become a patron of TWiV!
Links for this episode
- Moderna vaccine results in children (Moderna) 2:33
- Delta/Omicron hospitalization by ethnicity (MMWR) 8:44
- Intrinsic BA.2 severity in unvaccinated children (Lancet) 11:02
- Children and COVID state-level data (AAP) 13:06
- Placentitis and thrombohematoma during pregnancy (JAMA) 14:29
- Predictive value of symptoms for diagnosis (Clin Inf Dis) 18:15
- FDA to discuss booster strategy (FDA) 19:47
- Evusheld activity against BA.1 and BA.2 (AstraZeneca and bioRxiv) 21:38
- Remdesivir resistance in immunocompromised patient (Nature Comm) 24:46
- Ivermectin for COVID with and without strongyloidiasis (JAMA) 27:59
- Inhaled ciclesonide for outpatient treatment (Clin Micro Inf) 31:50
- Home telemonitoring for infection (J Telemed Telecare) 33:27
- Effectiveness of pulse oximetry in remote monitoring (Lancet) 34:11
- Effects of anti-platelet therapy (JAMA) 37:04
- COVID deaths in Zambia (medRxiv) 40:16
- Contribute to ASTMH fundraiser at PWB 41:20
- Letters read on TWiV 880 42:08
- Timestamps by Jolene. Thanks!
Intro music is by Ronald Jenkees
Send your questions for Dr. Griffin to email@example.com