In COVID-19 clinical update #103, Daniel Griffin covers immunocompromised people, hospitalization of children, vaccine usage update, Omicron and cross-reactive neutralizing antibodies, reinfection prevents disease in hamsters, repeated infections with endemic coronaviruses, global burden of antimicrobial resistance, ivermectin not protective in hamsters, and Omicron evades therapeutic monoclonals.
Become a patron of TWiV!
Links for this episode
- What does society owe immunocompromised people (Atlantic) 7:37
- Prevalence of immunosuppression in US (JAME) 6:25
- Hospitalizations of children (MMWR) 10:54
- Clinical considerations for vaccines (CDC) 13:33
- Sanofi seeks vaccine approval (Sanofi) 15:21
- Omicron triggers cross-reactive neutralization (medRxiv) 18:19
- Reinfection prevents disease in hamsters (Cell) 20:16
- Repeated infections with endemic CoV (J Inf Dis) 23:56
- Global burden of antimicrobial resistance (Lancet) 27:02
- Ivermectin not protective in hamsters (bioRxiv) 29:03
- Omicron evades therapeutic monoclonals (bioRxiv) 32:17
- Letters read on TWiV 870 37:03
- Timestamps by Jolene. Thanks!
Intro music is by Ronald Jenkees
Send your questions for Dr. Griffin to email@example.com