TWiV reviews a seminal paper showing that chemically modified bases in RNAs suppress recognition by Toll-like receptors, a finding that that was essential for the development of COVID-19 mRNA vaccines.
Become a patron of TWiV!
Links for this episode
- Vaccine Town Hall (ASV) 1:55
- Columbia University BSL-3 Manager position 2:14
- RNA modifications suppress innate recognition (Immunity) 4:08
- Critical contribution of pseudouridine (Front Cell Dev Biol) 34:49
- Rich Condit reminisces (YouTube) 10:26
- Letters read on TWiV 860 43:49
- Timestamps by Jolene. Thanks!
Weekly Picks 1:27:35
Dickson – NASA Research Launches a New Generation of Indoor Farming
Kathy – How Pfizer scientists transformed an old drug lead into a COVID-19 antiviral
Rich – Fermi paradox
Vincent – Racism not Race by Joe Graves
Jay – Restoration of Ave Maria
Intro music is by Ronald Jenkees
Send your virology questions and comments to firstname.lastname@example.org