In COVID-19 clinical update #93, Dr. Griffin summarizes Omicron fitness, S-gene target failure, monoclonal efficacy against Omicron, vaccination, monoclonals, and disease in children, persistence of memory B cells in the elderly, infection and vaccine induced immunity, protection against severe illness and death by a third mRNA vaccine dose, high flow oxygen versus intubation, and therapeutic anticoagulation.
Hosts: Daniel Griffin and Vincent Racaniello
Click arrow to play
Download TWiV 843 (52 MB .mp3, 43 min)
Subscribe (free): iTunes, Google Podcasts, RSS, email
Become a patron of TWiV!
Links for this episode
- Variant updates (CDC) 3:54
- List of diagnostic kits (Global Fund, pdf)
- B1.1.529 escapes most antibodies (bioRxiv) 8:45
- mRNA vaccine third dose and Omicron (medRxiv) 11:42
- Outpatient strategies children and adolescents (AAP) 12:30
- Memory B cells persist in elderly (J Clin Invest) 15:37
- mRNA booster effect against Delta (Clin Inf Dis) 21:03
- Azithromycin meta-analysis (J Antimicrob Chemo) 26:32
- High-flow oxygen vs intubation (JAMA) 29:09
- Therapeutic anticoagulation (Ann Int Med) 30:57
- Africa cases surge (CIDRAP) 33:34
- Letters read on TWiV 843 36:40
- Timestamps by Jolene. Thanks!
Intro music is by Ronald Jenkees
Send your questions for Dr. Griffin to firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you Dr Racaniello for a) booking the best experts & then b) letting them talk. ❤️