TWiV reviews the impact of vaccination on SARS-CoV-2, the latest information on Omicron, West Nile virus transmission by organ transplantation, and why a 16 week interval between doses of BNT162b2 vaccine is better than a shorter interval.
Become a patron of TWiV!
Links for this episode
- Coronavirus in the US (NY Times) 2:48
- Omicron variant (NY Times) 7:10
- West Nile virus transmission by organ transplantation (Emerg Inf Dis) 19:34
- Stronger antibody response after 16 week mRNA dose (Cell Host Micr) 30:04
- Higher antibody response with 7 week dosing (Clin Inf Dis) 59:20
- Immune response after recovery and 1 vaccine dose (Sci Transl Med) 59:38
- Booster guidance in Canada (pdf) 1:10:14
- Timestamps by Jolene. Thanks!
Weekly Picks 1:24:27
Lynne – ACE2 in chewing gum
Intro music is by Ronald Jenkees
Send your virology questions and comments to email@example.com