The meteorologicomaniacs discuss the COVID-19 pandemic global death toll, effectiveness of vaccines against the delta variant, and how analysis of ancient viral DNA reveals that two pathogenic human viruses were brought into Mexico during the transatlantic slave trade.
Become a patron of TWiV!
Links for this episode
- ASV Vaccine Town Halls 4:31
- COVID-19 excess mortality (eLife) 5:17
- Tracking pandemic death toll (eLife) 5:41
- COVID-19 vaccines and delta variant (NEJM) 27:50
- Slave trade carries viruses into Mexico (eLife) 47:32
- Letters read on TWiV 801 1:23:33
- Timestamps by Jolene. Thanks!
Weekly Pick 1:37:54
Dickson – Victor Borge, Phonetic Punctuation
Brianne – Cat TV
Rich – Cochrane review: Ivermectin for preventing and treating COVID‐19
Alan – Cockpit video of flying into Oshkosh
Vincent – Medical News Network Morning Medical Update
Intro music is by Ronald Jenkees
Send your virology questions and comments to firstname.lastname@example.org