TWiV reviews models for determining correlates of neutralizing antibody protection against COVID-19, and for identifying key vector and host species that drive transmission of zoonotic pathogens.
Hosts: Vincent Racaniello, Rich Condit, Kathy Spindler, and Brianne Barker
Click arrow to play
Download TWiV 799 (77 MB .mp3, 128 min)
Subscribe (free): iTunes, Google Podcasts, RSS, email
Become a patron of TWiV!
Links for this episode
- Correlate of protection needed for COVID-19 vaccines (Nat Med) 4:27
- Neutralizing antibodies predict protection against symptomatic COVID-19 (Nat Med) 16:03
- Host and vector importance for Ross River virus (eLife) 55:32
- Coronavirus in the U.S.: Latest Map and Case Count (NY Times) 1:46:58
- Letters read on TWiV 799 1:27:59
- Timestamps by Jolene. Thanks!
Weekly Picks 1:58:07
Brianne – A microscopic video shows the coronavirus on the rampage
Kathy – Sabin Oral Sundays in Cuyahoga County, 1962
Rich – The Continuing COVID-19 Pandemic: Current Issues and Glimpse Into the Future
Vincent – Demand Surges for Deworming Drug for Covid, Despite Scant Evidence It Works
Ronald – Immunity to COVID-19 could last longer than you’d think
Agnes – Space Shuttle Prints
Intro music is by Ronald Jenkees
Send your virology questions and comments to email@example.com
What would you say to those healthcare workers who don’t want to get vaccinated because they already had COVID-19 and had little symptoms?