TWiV reviews SARS-CoV-2 infection of wild white-tailed deer in the US, mRNA vaccine-mediated protection by spike-specific T cells before detection of neutralizing antibodies, and recovery from SARS-CoV-2 infection in T-cell depleted rhesus macaques.
Become a patron of TWiV!
Links for this episode
- SARS-CoV-2 in wild deer (bioRxiv) 12:05
- Rapid T cell induction by mRNA vaccine (Nature) 26:28
- T cell depleted macaques recover from SARS-CoV-2 infection (mBio) 48:11
- Letters read on TWiV 791 1:17:03
- Timestamps by Jolene. Thanks!
Weekly Picks 1:45:19
Dickson – Virgin Hyperloop shows off the future
Brianne – BioNumbers
Rich – Advice will evolve as COVID situation changes
Alan – Mars Perseverance-themed geocaching swag
Vincent – Mattel’s Barbie Turns Women Of Science, Including COVID Vaccine Developer, Into Dolls
Intro music is by Ronald Jenkees
Send your virology questions and comments to firstname.lastname@example.org